Monday, August 18, 2008

Cone of silence


I'll be in a cone of silence until Wednesday morning. Actually I'm taking my seven year old grandson to the Getty tomorrow and I want to get away from politics for a day.

Back on Wednesday, waiting for that Veep notification from the Obama campaign. He says we won't be surprised, but I really hope we are. I hope his choice is such a shocker that the media buzzes about it all the way up to the first day of the convention.

And I hope he starts calling out McCain on all his nonsense. For instance, if McCain can accuse Obama of playing the "race card" just because he warned his followers that the Republicans will try to scare Americans by pointing out that Obama doesn't look like all those presidents on our currency, couldn't the Obama campaign call out McCain for playing the POW card when he goes ballistic because someone suggested he wasn't in a cone of silence before his love fest with the evangelicals on Saturday and it is outrageous to suggest that because McCain was a POW a million years ago? If McCain can keep reminding everyone he was a POW, why can't Obama remind people he is black?

In the meantime, read my irreverent article: War and Jesus, Jesus and War.