Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ashamed of my country

I've watched a few Palin-McCain rallies, and read a few accounts of what is said at some of them and it seems there are a few common threads. The women seem to think it is just wonderful that a woman is on the ticket because "she's just like me" which I guess means they all think that they have the qualifications to be vice president because they watched their kids play hockey and baked cookies. The men seem interested in her body and her face, and make crude comments about her (even as they attack Obama for his lipstick statement) but couldn't care less about any policy ideas.

The Republicans have succeeded in distracting the American people from the abuses and crimes of the Bush administration, which they all particpated in and defended, and are now attacking the one candidate who could make things better for the people. And just how is it that these people are so stupid?

We have been watching the polls for some time now and Obama has stayed between 45 and 48% while McCain has stayed between 43 and 46%. Now it seems McCain has caught up to Obama, probably by brining home his Republican base of rednecks and racists. I contend that these people who are now rushing over to support him are those people who would never have come over to Obama because they would never vote for a black man, but could not find any reason to vote for the Republican because of Bush. Now they can ogle a set of boobs and listen to nasally twanged hot mama and they have a reason to go back home. Now they have an excuse to vote Republican that does not include them saying "hell no, I'll never vote for no n*****" which is what they have been thinking all along.

If I were Michelle Obama, I would have to admit to myself that I am no longer proud of my country. But I'm not, and she won't, so I will.

I am so ashamed of my country that I am sick. And I despise John McCain, who left whatever honor he once had behind in Hanoi.