Thursday, September 18, 2008

We need a grown up as V.P.

From CNN's reporting on Caribou Barbie's first press conference with John McCain:

Asked for "specific skills" she could cite to rebut critics who question her grasp of international affairs, she replied, "I am prepared."

"I have that confidence. I have that readiness," Palin said. "And if you want specifics
with specific policies or countries, you can go ahead and ask me. You can play 'stump the candidate' if you want to. But we are ready to serve."GOP presidential nominee John McCain stepped in, pointing out that as governor of a state that is oil and gas plentiful, Palin was familiar with energy. She knows it to be "one of our great national security challenges," he said.


First press conference. Isn't that cute! Kind of like "first tooth," "first steps," "first words."

In her first press conference, baby Sarah said "Look at me. I'm the V.P. If God blesses me. I'll be read - eeee." Then daddy stepped in and said "Let her be. She's only three."

I say "We need a grown-up as V.P."